FOOTBALL: Visitors Croxton make the most of their opportunities
Grantham & District Saturday League
In the return fixture from last week, both teams started with strong defensive performances which left the opening to the game devoid of any real chances on goal.
With so few opportunities, it was only a moment of carelessness that left Marc Clowes with the chance to open the scoring for the visitors, from the spot on 20 minutes.
Shots on goal were few and far between, and it was close to the break before Chris Bothamley stole in to pinch the ball from beneath the keeper’s nose to give Croxton a two-goal cushion.
Caythorpe started the second half with a flurry, and some quick early pressure paid off when Ricky Leighton pulled one back with only a couple of minutes gone.
The remainder of the game left very few decent chances on goal as both defences mopped up well, but a moment of individual skill saw Tommy Ayton beat a man in the box before restoring the visitors’ buffer with theclock running out.
With an end-to-end game continuing to peter out with very little bite, one last goal finally came for the hosts when Rob Pealing found a couple of yards in the box for a consolation goal in the dying seconds on his debut for the club.
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west