Grantham six-a-side league looking for teams
Grantham’s energetic six-a-side community football league is looking for teams of all
ability to take up the challenge this winter.
The SoccerSixes league kicks off this month and runs every Sunday evening, with 40-minute matches played
between 6pm and 8pm on The Meres leisure centre astroturf. All teams that sign up in January will receive free entry to the league.
League manager Chris Sockett described the sport as “fitness with a competitive edge” for people
aged 16 and over: “Although we have some talented footballers taking part, it’s a league for the community, giving all
standards of footballers the chance to play.
“It is professionally run and we use the very best FA-qualified referees in the area.
Chris said: “You do not need to be an organised or established team; you may simply be a group of friends,
work colleagues or mates from the pub.
“There is no entry or registration fee to the league and teams are able to use flexible squads; so as
many different players as you want throughout the season.”
The top two teams from each division can be entered into the national six-a-side cup in London in
July for free, while trophies will be awarded to the winners, runners-up and top goalscorer, along with team-of-the-month awards.
Anyone interested in taking part can register online at www.soccersixes.net or contact Chris on
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west