Northern Premier football for Grantham Town next season
WEEKS of speculation and anticipation have ended in Grantham Town achieving their goal – promotion to the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League Premier Division – after the FA finalised their Step Three allocations on Friday.
The Gingerbreads had been worried that they might be transferred into the Southern Premier League which would have meant longer travelling distances to away matches.
Town joint manager Jimmy Albans said: “The Northern Premier Division is what we set out to achieve three years ago. It is right that we have been given it. It has been a difficult month.
“We have had managers getting into our players telling them we would be in the Southern League and players we have approached have said the same. Now it is settled, we can move forward.”
Next season Grantham can look forward to taking on the likes of FC United of Manchester, Chorley, Frickley Athletic and Blyth Spartans.
Also in the league will be AFC Fylde, Ashton United, Buxton, Eastwood Town, Hednesford Town, Ilkeston FC, Kendal Town, Marine, Matlock Town, Nantwich Town, North Ferriby United, Rushall Olympic, Stafford Rangers, Stocksbridge Park Steels, Whitby Town, Witton Albion and Worksop Town.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Councillor calls for Grantham to make the most of Margaret Thatcher links
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North