Slender defeat for Harrowby United in toughest challenge so far
Harrowby United 0
Holbeach United 1
NEWLY-formed Harrowby United faced their toughest challenge so far against Lincolnshire A Cup winners and UCL Premier League third placed finishers Holbeach.
Harrowby started well and were probably the better side in the early stages, with the back four dealing with everything Holbeach had.
An early substitution after Jack Whyley took an elbow to the nose saw him replaced by Khameal who enjoyed a fine debut.
Harrowby had the best chance of the first half when Harper’s shot was somehow turned on to the bar by the keeper.
With changes aplenty at half time, the Arrows’ rhythm was not the same as the first half although Firman and Hodgkin both had fine games.
A disputed offside goal was all that separated the teams. Drury then made a fine penalty save to deny Holbeach a second towards the end.
Overall a promising performance from the Arrows who matched Holbeach for most of the game.
l Harrowby’s next pre-season friendly is tomorrow at Lincolnshire League side Horncastle Town, kick-off 3pm.
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west