THIS photograph comes straight from the Journal archives and shows a Ruston and Hornsby football side from the 1920s.
The photograph was taken at the end of the 1925-26 season, a year in which the side won two trophies including the Division 1 Grantham and District League title.
The names of those pictured have faded over time but we have dusted off the magnifying glass in an attempt to identify them as best we can.
Back row - E. Mitchell (chairman), R. Beck, P. J. ?, S. Pask (secretary); row standing - W. Jacques, J. Footitt, D. Pulfrey, P. Smith (capt), J. Taft, Knight, S. Garnham; row sitting - H. Nicholson, A. Eustace, F. Winfield, H. Eab; front row - J. Beck, F. Bedells, F. Mitchell, A. Wilkinson, S. Wood, W. Hobson (trainer).