All objections to Grantham southern relief road are withdrawn
All objections to the Grantham southern relief road which resulted in a public inquiry have now been withdrawn.
Lincolnshire County Council says the next phase of work should start sooner than expected but a public inquiry will still need to be undertaken.
A public inquiry was launched on Tuesday, but it was immediately postponed because the government planning inspector said no notices informing the public of the inquiry had been put up along the route of the relief road which was required by law.
Coun Richard Davies, executive member for highways, said: "Following ongoing discussions with Western Power and Zurich, I'm happy to announce that all objections to the Grantham Southern Relief Road have been withdrawn.
"A public inquiry will still need to be held in early January since we've gotten past the point of no return in the inquiry process.
"But, because there aren't any objectors, we don't expect this to last more than a day.
"With all the objections removed, our hope is that Central Government's decision process should move faster than normal, similar to other schemes where this has happened.
"This is great news for the people of Grantham and this scheme, as it means we can hopefully start work on the second phase of the project sooner than expected next year."
The new public inquiry date is set for Wednesday, January 2, at 10am at Jubilee Church Life Centre in Grantham.
The county council says the postponement of the inquiry was due to due to 'an administrative error' which provided the council's project team with more time to reach agreements with Western Power and Zurich, who had submitted objections.
For the latest news on the Grantham Southern Relief Road, visit www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/majorprojects