Boots store in Grantham evacuated because of faulty chiller cabinet

Fire engines outside Boots in Grantham.
Fire engines outside Boots in Grantham.
Share this article
Have your say

Firefighters dealing with a suspected gas leak have isolated a faulty chiller cabinet in the Boots store in Grantham.

The store was evacuated late this morning and two fire crews attended.

Watch manager Eugene Winter said the fire service was called after gas was smelled at the front of the store. He said: “We ventilated the store to dispel any potential pockets of gas. We concentrated on the food chiller area and found one of the cabinets to be faulty.”

Mr Winter thanked nearby businesses Lloyds and Carphone Warehouse for their cooperation during the evacuation.

The store has since reopened.