Here’s just a selection of some of the gems in tomorrow’s Grantham Journal.
This list is by no means exhaustive - there’s so much, we couldn’t begin to squeeze it all into a trailer.
So for all that’s happening in and around Grantham - from news, views, sport and reviews to jobs, motors, property and more...
....it’s all in your Journal.
AND REMEMBER IF YOU SUBSCRIBE, YOU CAN GET ALL THIS FOR JUST 48p PER WEEK!
- Poignant photos from Sunday’s Remembrance parades and memorial gatherings - Lest We Forget
- Do you know who Lance Cpl Walter Parker VC is? Do you know what this Granthamian did in WW1? You should, and so should your children!
- Free £25 specs for every reader - collect your token this week! £25 giveaways don’t come around very often - thanks Specsavers!
- Fancy winning a luxurious pamper day with lunch thrown in at Ragdale Hall - worth almost £200? Of course you do!
- High octane stuff from Grantham’s A1 Racing Club - who knew those little cars could travel so fast?
- IN COURT: Read about the moment a deranged fire-starter sprayed fuel all over a Grantham petrol station - and set it alight!
- Two crews attend fire at Oxford Street in Grantham
- IN COURT: Magistrate: “We can’t have you running around in the Marines with a loaded rifle if you can’t control your drinking”
- Inspire Plus - find out how Grantham youngsters are set to benefit from pioneering charity work - complete with great photos, of course!
- IN COURT: Man’s lighter fluid sniffing addiction led him on a Poundland pilfering trip
- One or two of you out there are NOT happy with SKDC’s new bin collection schedule - and you HAVE YOUR SAY! this week!
- IN COURT: Grantham ‘man about town’ caught trying to enter a club with bags full of powerful horse tranquiliser!
- Grantham Mayor fires back at last week’s critics!
- YOU’VE bought the Hills and Hollows - find out how and why tomorrow - what do you think - let us know
- IN COURT: Judge lambasts benefits cheat with scathing comments before sending him down for four months
- One man’s plan to ‘resuscitate’ Grantham - do you agree with his Masterplan? Do you have any better ideas? Bound to cause a stir, this one!
- IN COURT: two more bungling heroin addicts caught in the act of burgling someone’s house
- Grantham’s most acerbic columnist accuses SOMEONE of ‘rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic’ - respond to his latest rant!
- IN COURT: Not-so-bright spark electrician loses his job and driving licence after getting behind the wheel whilst over the limit
- A full round-up of all the winners at the East Midlands Food Awards 2011 - hosted by Michelin-starred chef Jean-Christophe Novelli
- Bottesford’s double Isle of Man TT racing champion taken to his final resting place in a motorcycle sidecar - RIP Dave ‘Wellsy’ Wells
- RANTS AND RAVES - YOUR SAY SECTION: ‘Grantham would be better if we kicked out the knockers’
- RANTS AND RAVES - YOUR SAY SECTION: ‘Olympic Torch’s arrival is brilliant for Grantham - will the town be ready for it?’
- RANTS AND RAVES - YOUR SAY SECTION: ‘We’ll criticise those in power until they get their fingers out and show real progress’
- RANTS AND RAVES - YOUR SAY SECTION: ‘Some Grantham people just don’t deserve anything nice - like the new Market Place’
- RANTS AND RAVES - YOUR SAY SECTION: You name and shame those not willing to pay respects on Armistice Day!
- RANTS AND RAVES - YOUR SAY SECTION: ‘Exactly what sacrifices is MP Nick Boles making? Grantham people want to know!’
- RANTS AND RAVES - YOUR SAY SECTION: Labour Group Leader: ‘Tories’ Big Society is simply a Government washing its hands of responsibility’
- RETRO JOURNAL: Can you name strapping ‘provisions merchants’ and railwaymen in our historic photographs?
- RETRO JOURNAL: The Walton Girls of ‘66 show off their ‘pins’ in the fashion item of the day - the miniskirt!
- Castle Bytham industrial-scale cannabis farm - worth nearly £3m a year to crooks - latest: 11 men convicted last Friday! Full story tomorrow
- Grantham is Great - we reveal YOUR chosen finalists in our annual Community Awards - real people...doing great things...in Grantham!
- Grantham is Great - amazing efforts for Children In Need - including a selfless 10-year-old girl willing to sacrifice her long hair!
- Like your movies? A bit of a Hollywood buff, are we? Fancy winning FREE cinema tickets, every week - for a YEAR, worth over £600? Hmmm...
- World organisation chooses Grantham to hold its conference - quite a compliment!
- Our search has begun for a local band to come up with the BEST Christmas #1 song in Grantham - as voted for by our readers / web audience!
- Planning inquiry into Manthorpe development comes to an end...
- Appeal is on for some kind-hearted souls to spare a few hours on Christmas Day to make some very lonely people VERY happy
- Prison for stalker whose harassment culminated in his slapping woman around the face
- Intimidation accusations, chairman resignation and more at Folkingham Parish Council meeting. Pick up tomorrow’s Journal...