‘Carelessly discarded’ cigarette cause blaze in Grantham

Share this article
Have your say

A lit cigarette caused a fire in a Grantham street yesterday (Sunday).

A fire crew from Grantham was called to Wingfield Court just after 1.45pm, where they found wooden fencing, bark chippings and a plastic downpipe were ablaze.

Firefighters use a hose reel and hay drag to extinguish the flames.

A spokesman for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said: “The fire was caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette.”