Home   News   Article

Chemical explodes at factory in Grantham




Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

Fire crews and specialist units attended a Grantham processing plant this morning after a chemical explosion.

The chemical leaked from a fridge at Parker Tecknit in Swingbridge Road, Grantham, causing the explosion this morning. Four fire crews attended at 7am.

A spokesman for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “A fridge in the building stopped working overnight causing a chemical called Trigonox to heat up and explode. Approximately 25 litres of Trigonox was contained in the building and will be cleaned up by a specialist team.”

Nobody was reported hurt in the incident. Parker Tecknit is an electrical components and wiring firm.



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More