After weeks of debate, Margaret Thatcher’s ceremonial funeral has gone ahead as planned.
However, debate continued online throughout today’s events as the Journal reported on the procession and service, as well as events happening in Grantham.
Facebook and Twitter were awash with comments, on stories from the service itself and the respect shown to the Grantham-born former Prime Minister to the one-man protest outside her birthplace.
Here is a snapshot of comments posted by friends and followers today:
* Teresa Wright It was terrible hoe certain individuals were booing and shouting, no respect what so ever, she never committed a murder.
* Rosemary Dixon Here Here Sheer ignorance !!!!
* Barry Peacock Fitting end for her
* Trevor Mason she didn’t commit a murder but she rubber stamped the cover up of 96 of them.
* Alan Wossisname Matsell Osborne blubbing the big Jessie,
* Rob Jackson Didn’t watch it. Too busy working and earning a living.
* Mark Rasure Robotham It doesn’t seem to matter what we think, so why bother asking? its all one sided anyway! one word “Obscene” especially when people are really struggling with the cuts and bedroom tax!
* Suzanne Hopkins The funeral went very well I thought x well deserved x may she rest in peace!!!!
* Lorraine Keaneo Taylor i was thinking of all the family’s off to the food banks, why they drink champagne and eat lavish foods behind Closed doors....
* Chrissyboy Martin Makes me laff spending all that money on her when a standard funeral is just as good!instead of spending tax money that could of gone to better use I.e hospitals or more business use they just wasted it!!!parliament has knackered our chances in life!
* Sarah Whitehead Absolutely beautiful a true send off
* Natasha Earl I have nothing to say about the woman as I wasn’t around during her time, however I object to the rudeness and obscenity of people shouting and booing. That’s just plain rude! I also object to the fact that she said she did not want a state funeral yet here we are paying £5,000,000 into it?! That could have bought 5 nurses/midwives or brought home our troops or put money into social services to help children find homes. It’s ridiculous she wasn’t royalty so leave her family to bury her!
* Katrina Glover What is it with people ? This woman had balls .. stuck by britain no matter what !!!! Not like the wezzles now !! Rip Iron lady respect .... so many do not understand the word !!!!
* Lisa Fardell Freestone love her or hate her, she was a mother and grandmother people need to start having some respect !!
* Frankie Xavier Angeloni One of the soldiers carrying and now walking along side the coffin is from grantham. Its sad that people are booing, hate her fine,but bit disrespectful at a funeral,still someones mother
- Follow our live news blog at granthamjournal.co.uk/newsblog