Home   News   Article

Discarded cigarette sets fire to Grantham conifers and greenhouse

A discarded cigarette has been blamed for a fire which destroyed 15m of conifer hedging and a greenhouse in Grantham on Friday night.

Fire crews from Grantham and Corby Glen were called out at 8pm to the fire in East Avenue. Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service said the hedge and greenhouse were “well alight” when they attended.

The crews used two hose reels and one main jet to extinguish the fire. It was confimed the fire was started by “carelessly discarded smoking materials”.


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.


Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More