The closing date to apply to receive a share of South Kesteven District Council’s £300,000 community fund is approaching.
Applicants have until the end of this month to make a bid for the first round of awards from the South Kesteven Community Fund.
The fund has been launched by SKDC to support community events and community projects in the district. Lincolnshire Community and Voluntary Service is supporting the council to help ensure the money gets to where it is needed.
Applications, to be decided by a panel of councillors, must be received by LCVS by Saturday, October 31 to be considered in the first round. Those received after the deadline will be considered at a second panel meeting in the New Year.
Applications must be returned to: skcommunitygrants.org.uk or Lincolnshire CVS, SKDC offices, St Peter’s Hill, Grantham, NG31 6PZ. PLEASE NOTE THE NEW LCVS POSTAL ADDRESS.
In addition any email queries can be sent to skcommunitygrants.org.uk or call LCVS on 01476 920888.
Applications and further details about the South Kesteven community fund can be found by clicking here
There are four categories of Community Projects that can claim in the range of £500 - £10,000:
1. Community Amenities - outdoor facilities such as ‘Multiple Use Games Areas’, shelters, recreation areas, orchards, heritage, footpaths etc.
2. Community Buildings - Repairs, maintenance and alterations to village halls and other public buildings, contributions to new build community buildings and the purchase of equipment to be used in community buildings.
3. Community Enterprise -Projects which generate an ongoing revenue stream for a community such as community owned pubs, shops, cafes, and community tourism initiatives.
4. Supporting Communities - Supporting the work of organisations who support communities, including social enterprises, support organisations and Community Led Planning groups (to support the delivery of projects in their Community Led Plans).
Additionally there is a separate category, with a separate application form, for Community Events that can claim in the range of £200 - £5,000:
5. Community Events - Community celebrations, sports events, street festivals, arts and cultural events