Home   News   Article

Electrical fault in food mixer causes kitchen fire in Grantham home




Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

Two fire crews were called to a kitchen fire in Grantham in the early hours of this morning (Sunday).

Firefighters from Grantham and Corby Glen attended the incident in Hill Avenue at around 2.50am.

It was caused by an electrical fault in a food mixer.

There was heat damage to work surfaces and windows and smoke damage to the remainder of house, plus fire damage to the food mixer and cupboard.

Flames were extinguished using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel.



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More