Home   News   Article

Fire breaks out in Grantham bungalow after toaster left on hot hob




A fire which started in a bungalow was caused by a toaster being left on a hot hob.

Grantham firefighters were called to the incident at 3.41pm on Sunday in Wellington Drive, Grantham.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service says there was severe fire damage to 20 per cent of a hob, toaster, extractor fan and wall cupboards in the kitchen. There was moderate damage by smoke to the remainder of the bungalow.

Fire news (16296852)
Fire news (16296852)

A spokesman added: "One female casualty suffered moderate smoke inhalation, and Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue administered oxygen before ambulance personnel arrived."



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More