Home   News   Article

Fire service warning after unbranded phone charger causes Grantham fire




Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

Firefighters were called to a small living room fire caused by a mobile phone charger.

The crew attended a house in Greenhill Road at 8.30am yesterday. The fire was out on arrival.

A Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said there was ‘moderate fire damage’ to an unbranded iPhone charger caused by an internal electrical fault.

He added: “Ensure the charger supplied with your phone is used and, if needed, buy the official version which complies to EU safety standards.”



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More