Home   News   Article

Fire service warns people to clean chimneys after attending two incidents




Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

Firefighters attended two chimney fires yesterday.

In one incident a Grantham crew was called to Hough on the Hill at 7.30pm where it used chimney gear to put out the fire.

A spokesman for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We have attended two chimney fires so far this evening. Please have your chimney swept at least once a year.”

For information on chimney fire safety go to www.lincolnshire.gov.uk.

In a separate incident yesterday, Grantham firefighters used one hosereel to extinguish household waste which had caught fire at Welland Court in Grantham. They were called at 4.45pm.



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More