Firefighters rescue man from burning Grantham house after fire started deliberately

Share this article
Have your say

A MAN was rescued from the first floor of a Grantham home after a blaze was started deliberately.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus saved the man from a burning house in Second Avenue on Saturday afternoon. He was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and burns.

Two fire crews from Grantham and one from Corby Glen were called just after 4pm.

There was severe damage by fire to a first floor bedroom, heat damage to furniture, severe smoke damage to the first floor and smoke damage throughout the property.

More to follow.