Welcome to your daily round up of all today’s important stuff . . .
WE should make it out of the minuses today! Weather boffins are predicting a max temp of 2C during the day and a minimum temp of 1C overnight. Today should also be sunny.
* All schools in the Grantham area remain open today. For a full list of schools closed across Lincolnshire, visit www.lincolnshire.gov.uk
* Waste collections continue to be disrupted. Binmen will be out this week collecting black bins. Those not collected will be collected on the next scheduled collection day, and residents are allowed to place two bags of waste alongside their bin. Silver and green bins will be collected on the next scheduled day.
* Motorists are urged to take care on all roads, including main roads which remain icy although salted.
• There are still roadworks at the junction of Trent Road and Harlaxton Road, but no major delays are reported.
• There are no other major traffic problems reported.
* Join Christmas bingo at the Ron Dawson Memorial Hall in Swinstead from 7.30pm, organised by the Corby Glen Bowls Club.
JOKE OF THE DAY
A police officer stops a man and asks him for his license.
Officer: “It says that you need to be wearing glasses.”
Man: “Well, I do have contacts.”
Officer: “I couldn’t care less who you know! You’re still getting a ticket!”
***Sign up to our Facebook Fan Page at www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Grantham-United-Kingdom/Grantham-Journal/126359880709865