Home   News   Article

Grantham stab victim thought he was going to die after doorstep attack

Colne Court, Grantham
Colne Court, Grantham

A Grantham man says he thought he was going to die after he was stabbed in the neck by a gang who forced their way into his house.

Kevin Sentance was attacked by a group of three or four men in the early hours of Saturday morning at his home in Colne Court, Grantham. One of the men knocked on his door while the others lay in wait out of sight.

Police news.
Police news.

Mr Sentance opened the door and was set upon by the men, who were wearing masks. There was a struggle at the bottom of the stairs when Mr Sentance was stabbed with either a knife or a screwdriver.

Mr Sentance, 61, told the Journal: “I lost two to three points of blood. It suddenly all felt very warm and I was covered in blood from head to foot. I thought this is it, I am going to die. I said bye to my wife. The blood was gushing out.

“I was trying to get them back through the door. but I managed to get to the bottom of the stairs. They cracked me over the top of the head with a nunchuk. I managed to get a punch in. I was fearing for my wife and daughter. I did not want these people to get up the stairs.”

Mr Sentance said his attackers grabbed his arm and pulled off a gold bracelet before fleeing the house.

His wife, Natalie, and their 11-year-old daughter were in the house at the time. He added: “My little girl was screaming the house down. My wife was very distressed. I was very concerned for my family. I was fearing for my life but I cannot remember them taking my bracelet.”

The attackers had demanded money from Mr Sentance but he said he did not have any. He said they had Manchester or Yorkshire accents.

He said paramedics arrived within four minutes and he was taken to Queen’s medical Centre in Nottingham where he underwent an operation later that morning. He was allowed to go home on Sunday afternoon.

Mrs Sentance said she believed her daughter would be scarred for life after the attack. “The kids want to go. My daughter does not want to be here any more. We keep our doors locked during the day now. We shouldn’t have to do that.”

Mr sentance added: “I know I should not have opened the door. It could happen to anybody in this town. So I would say to anybody be aware.”

Mr Sentance praised the paramedics and ambulance staff together with hospital staff for looking after him.

Lincolnshire Police are investigating the incident. A spokeswoman said: “We were notified of a disturbance at an address in Colne Court, Grantham, not long after midnight on Saturday, June 6, in which a man was injured. He was taken to hospital for treatment and released a short time later.

“We have launched an investigation into this incident and are carrying out a number of enquiries to try and identify the offender or offenders. We believe this was an isolated incident and we would like to hear from anyone who may have any information that might assist the enquiry.

“Anyone with any information is asked to contact Lincolnshire Police on 101 quoting incident 9 of June 6. Or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.


Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More