The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning is back next week and Grantham is expected to play a big part.
The event is Macmillan Cancer Support’s biggest fund-raising event to help people facing cancer. Every year, the charity asks people all over the UK to host their own coffee mornings on or around Friday, September 30.
There is still time to organise your own fund-raising coffee morning (see details below), but if you can’t then there are several events planned in and around Grantham that you can support on Friday, September 30 (unless otherwise stated).
* Belvoir Grantham, St Peter’s Hill – cuppas and treats available from 9am. Event supported by Grantham Gingerbread and Lincolnshire Larder;
* Sue’s all day coffee morning, 9 Holden Way, Great Gonerby – everyone welcome. RSVP by emailing usan email@example.com;
* 4 Saxon Way, Ancaster – refreshments available from 11am to 2pm;
* Grantham Hospital, Manthorpe Road – Ward 6’s Macmillan Cake Sale, from 2pm;
* JMP Solicitors, Autumn Park Business Centre, Dysart Road, Grantham – delicious homemade cakes, tea and coffee on sale from 10am;
* My Nursery, Conduit Lane, Grantham – coffee and cake, from 10am. Cakes welcome. RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
* Anytime Fitness, Westgate, Grantham – enjoy coffee and a work-out, from 10am. RSVP by emailing email@example.com;
* Tee One Golf, Westgate, Grantham – cake and a catch-up, from 10am. RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
* Bottesford Dental Practice, Albert Street – refreshments available from 10am;
* Plungar Village Hall, Frog Lane – coffee morning from 11am on October 3;
* Barnstone Village Hall, Main Road – coffee and cake event organised by villagers with support from local business Tarmac (Barnstone Cement Works), from 1pm. RSVP by emailing email@example.com;
* TOGS Cafe, Bingham Leisure Centre, The Banks – take along a cake or just go along for a cuppa and a slice, from 9.30am;
* Sandra’s coffee morning, 14 Manor Road, Bingham – from 10.30am tomorrow (Saturday);
* Top Farm, Main Road, Hawksworth – refreshments available from 10am.
The first-ever Macmillan coffee morning happened way back in 1990. It was a rather small affair with a simple idea – guests would gather over coffee and donate the cost of their cuppa to Macmillan in the process.
It was so effective it was rolled out nationally. Since then, the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning has raised over £138 million for Macmillan.
To take part, log on to the Macmillan website www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee and sign up for a kit which will get you started with all the details and materials to make your coffee morning a success.
** If you are planning to hold a coffee morning, send a picture and details of the event, including how much you raised, and we will include your event in our World’s Biggest Coffee Morning round-up. Email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Macmillan coffee morning’ in the subject line.