Home   News   Article

Make your Ho Ho Ho-me warmer for less, says SKDC


Residents wishing to make a home warmer for less with savings on their gas and electricity bills this Christmas should switch energy provider with the help of the Lincolnshire Energy Switch Scheme, says South Kesteven District Council.

In 2014, the top average individual saving from one of the scheme’s auctions with energy providers was £210. So why not take advantage of a similar big saving in time for 2015?

Residents can register online any time over the festive period by submitting details at www.southkesteven.gov.uk/switch or if you do not have internet access, a friend or family member can do this on your behalf.

Or alternatively call the free phone number 0800 048 8439. The registration number is open 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.

Over the festive period, lines will be open until 1pm on Christmas Eve and will re-open again on Monday, December 29, at 8.30am.

They will then open until December 31 at 1pm at and reopen again on January 2 at 8.30am.

Residents can also visit SKDC’s St Peter’s Hill offices in Grantham with a copy of your annual gas or electric bill to register.

Once households have registered their interest, the energy suppliers will be invited to compete with their best offers.

The scheme is free for households to join and there is no obligation to take up the winning supplier’s tariff offer.

All can register, whether you rent your home or own it, whether you are on dual fuel, electric only, pay monthly or quarterly or have a prepayment meter. And you don’t have to live in Lincolnshire.

This scheme is open to all in the UK – so let your friends and relatives further afield know about it.


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.


Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More