A real team effort is behind an upcoming charity auction to raise money for the Journal Children’s Fund: Christmas Cracker Appeal.
A group of employees at Grantham food factory Moy Park have put in a lot of time and effort to gather a fantastic list of lots to auction off - including tickets to see Let It Be in London’s West End, a spa weekend, meal-for-six at Belton Woods Hotel, sports event tickets and more.
And not only that, there are some great raffle prizes, too - including a fancy dress chicken suit!
Workers were given a list of eight categories - such as chicken, face, sport and CD - and tasked with sourcing items as a team-building exercise. Each employee had £75 to complete the task - but thanks to the generosity of local businesses, they spent not a penny.
Business unit leader Ciaran Mellon said: “The staff really put themselves out there.”
Events co-ordinator Angela Aspiotis added: “We’re building on community relationships, but relationships here in the company as well.”
The auction will take place at The Black Dog pub, in Watergate, Grantham, on Friday, May 31, starting at 7pm. Moy Park general manager Nigel Laing will act as auctioneer.
Further money for the Christmas Cracker Appeal will be raised thanks to the team at The Black Dog, which has pledged to donate 5 per cent of takings on the night. There will also be a race night following the auction.
All are welcome to go along and are encouraged to support the Journal Children’s Fund: Christmas Cracker Appeal.
THE CHILDREN’S FUND:
The aim of the Journal Children’s Fund: Christmas Cracker Appeal is to raise £10,000 to send 10 children to Lapland. The cost of each place (for a child and parent/guardian) is £900. The remaining £1,000 will go to When You Wish Upon A Star as a thank you for the charity’s help.
It is also hoped that the campaign will raise the profile of the Journal Children’s Fund, which exists to provide financial support to families with disabled children.
* To find out how to apply for financial assistance, or to find out how you can help the Christmas Cracker Appeal, call Marie Baker on 01476 562291 or e-mail: email@example.com
* Two tickets to see Let It Be in London’s West End, plus transport and a CD album
* Eat out for a month of Sundays (four Sunday lunches at different restaurants)
* Two annual Merlin passes
* Earrings in an egg gift box
* Family ticket to see Nottingham Panthers ice hockey
* Photo shoot to include CD of 30 photos taken at location of winner’s choice
* Watch set
* Football signed by Bobby Robson
* 1977 FA Cup final programme (Man Utd v Liverpool)
* Two tickets to Notts County Cricket Club game
* Two tickets to any Notts County FC game
* Weekend break at Belton Woods Hotel, including spa
* Weekend break at Sketchley House Spa for two
* Meal-for-six at Belton Woods Hotel
* Molton Brown and Boots No7 gift boxes
* Irish cake
* Two meals at The Black Dog, including wine
* Sunday roast for four at the King’s Hotel
* Fancy dress chicken suit
* Estee Lauder make-over and gift set
* 1939 war propaganda magazine
* £50 cash prize
* Several bottles of wine
* Flatscreen TV
* Wizard of Oz DVD
* Saab jacket