MRS Maggie Hefford (Lil), of Rectory Close, Barrowby, has died in Grantham Hospital. She was 99.
Born in 1929 in Casthorpe, the family moved to Harston, where she went to school.
In 1933 she married Phil and they moved to Market Harborough, Leicestershire. They returned to Harston in the late 1930s, where their daughter Brenda was born. The family then moved to Honington for a brief spell, where another daughter, Pauline was born.
Another moved followed to Sedgebrook, followed in 1957 by a move to Allington.
Mrs Hefford went into service, at one time for the Duke of Rutland. She had been housekeeper for the Skinner family and later worked at Storer’s farmhouse. She worked as a cleaner in Rectory Close until the age of 80.
She enjoyed family life with her children and grandchildren, Allison and Jo and her great-grandson, Thomas.
Mrs Hefford enjoyed going to Gala Bingo, rarely missing a Saturday night game. She also liked the communal activities at Rectory Close and wildlife.
The Rev Peter Hopkins conducted the funeral service at All Saints Church, Barrowby. Burial followed in the churchyard.
Family mourners included: Brenda and Doug Wright, Pauline and Neville Read, Jo and Vinnie Watson and Allison Read.
Other mourners included: Susan Squires, Gwynn and George Basford, Maralyn Wormall, Veronica Gregory, Christine Hardy, Jean and Gordon Wood, Brian and Rowena Read, Sally and Colin Croft, Sheila Clarke, Caroline Thacker, Peter Isaac, Madeline Beesley, Gillian Lanckham, Colin Skinner, Doreen Burgess, Peggy Storer, D. Swatton, Bev Wilkinson, Pam Newman, Mrs Cook, Val Johnstone, Janice Boddy, Judy and Graham Percival, Mr Rastall, Doreen Patchett, Teresa Patchett, Linda and Trev Broad, Pat Taylor, Wendy Kelly, Mr and Mrs Rastall, Brian and Betty Dable, Janet Braisby, Ruth Savona, Barbara Money, Mrs Blundy, Sybil Smith, Mrs N. Harrison, Maureen and Alan Beevers, Pat Maybrey, Ann Eton, Sue Whitney, Tony Watson, Jan Parker, Patsy Heaphy, Mitchell Staxton and Crystal Foister.
Funeral arrangements were by Robert Holland, St Catherine’s Road, Grantham.
Donations were received for the Stroke Association.