Mr Frederick Widdowson MBE, of Woodlands Drive, Grantham, has died in Pilgrim Hospital, Boston. He was 89.
He was born in Grantham, the son of Dick and Emma Widdowson. He leaves a sister, Freda Dixon.
Mr Widdowson started work at Tyresoles plant in Great Ponton, when he was 16. He was a sailor in the Navy before rejoining Tyresoles, renamed Vacu-Lug when it moved to Grantham in 1950. He was a director of six companies and travelled extensively abroad.
He married Anne in 1957. He has two daughters, Sally and Sarah, and five grandchildren.
Mr Widdowson was awarded the MBE in 1976 and he retired in 1984. His hobbies were gardening, fishing and listening to classical music.
The Rev John Bruce conducted the funeral service at St Wulfram’s Church, Grantham. Cremation followed at Grantham Crematorium Chapel.
Family mourners included: Sally and David Todd, Sarah Widdowson, Michael Todd, Robert Todd, Richard Todd, Freda Dixon, Philip and Diane Dixon, Katherine and Ian Tyler, Eileen Widdowson, Ken and Joan Bramley, Babs Burrows, Lynn Broad, Chris Broad, Evelyn Burrows, David and Karen Johnston, Louise Porter, Luke Porter, Nadine Geraghty, Dean Geraghty, Trevor and Ann Pacey, Jane Sheppard, Janet Plumber, Peter Burrows, Linda Lukies, Jim and Sue Widdowson, and Jean and Richard Kennedy.
Other mourners included: Diana Lee, Tim Lee, Mary-Jane Marshall, Alexander Marshall, Chris Wade, Laura Mackenzie, Janet Todd, Jon and Nicola Todd, Elsie Rowley, Fran Rhys, Mollie Kidd, Gerry and Lilian Hamilton, Barbara Pickering, Derek and Elaine Williamson, Bernard and Ray Walker, Paul Church, Mr and Mrs Patterson, Linda Patterson, Peter Townsend, Nick Craft, Rex Pearson, Tony Hook, John Parsons, Christine Bartlett, Mr and Mrs Tony Hanley, Alan Green, June Bennett, Tammy Eglinton, John Kerbel, John and Audrey Little, Ken and Maureen Robinson, David and Janet Willcock, Jean Parker, Eric Knight, Jeff Davis, Tony and Elisabeth Carwell, Edna and John Allan, Bernard and Margaret Stanger, and Mr and Mrs Ted Atter.
Funeral arrangements were by Robert Holland, St Catherine’s Road, Grantham.
Donations were received for Macmillan Nurses.