Neighbours living in the Harrowby area of Grantham can expect a Tesco Express store to open in the spring-time.
Extensive refurbishment work has taken place in the soon-to-be store in Harrowby Lane, which was formerly the Cherry Tree pub.
However, some work cannot begin until permission is granted by South Kesteven District Council.
The planning authority is to consider five planning applications submitted by Tesco. They are:
* Installation of ATM and associated service door
* Siting of 1 x condenser unit and 3 x AC units
* Demolition of existing lean-to extension and canopy with replacement extension
* External alterations including shopfront
* Signage, to include an illuminated sign and logos
SKDC’s development control committee is to make a decisions on these applications on February 5.
Twenty jobs will be created. A Tesco spokesman said: “What we are trying to do is bring back into use a building that would otherwise remain derelict, so it serves a purpose and employs people in the community.”