Pair taken to hospital and cat dies in Cranwell fire

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.
Share this article
Have your say

RAF fire personnel joined Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue teams in tackling a severe house fire in Cranwell this afternoon.

The crews from Brant Broughton and Metheringham were called out to a property on Brauncewell Road at 2.56pm.

Two casualties were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and one pet cat was found deceased.

The blaze which was self-extinguished before the firefighters’ arrival was the result of a faulty tumble dryer.

It caused heat and smoke damage to both the utility room and kitchen, as well as severe smoke damage to the remainder of the house.