Police issue warning after spate of thefts from vehicles
Detectives are investigating a series of thefts-from-vehicles that has taken place over the last four days.
Since Saturday, Lincolnshire Police have received multiple reports around the county that work vans have been targeted and tools taken.
These have occurred county-wide including areas including Grantham, Boston, Sleaford, Lincoln, Gainsborough, Bourne and Spalding.
If anyone does have information or has seen a work van being targeted, please contact us on 101 quoting incident 89 of 6 April or contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
We would also like to issue advice on preventing vehicles from being targeted:
- Remove all tools that are essential to your day-to-day business, if this is possible
- Fit additional security deadlocks that are separate to the vans central locking system
- If your vehicle uses keyless entry, store the van keys in a good quality RFID bag when not in use
- Consider fitting a Thatcham approved Ultrasonic alarm that protects both the rear load and cabin areas of your van
- Mark your tools and register them for free at immobilise.com
More by this authorTracey Davies