Power tools among valuable items stolen from farms in Bingham and Tithby
Nottinghamshire Police are warning residents to keep outbuildings secure, after two thefts in Bingham and Tithby.
Between 10am and 12 noon on Wednesday, April 19, there were two reports of power tools and other items of value being stolen from farm outbuildings in the Bingham and Tythby area.
Police are asking any witnesses, including those who have a CCTV camera or who saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area in recent days, to contact the neighbourhood policing team by calling 101.
The force has also offered the following advice:
* Ensure that doors and windows are locked even when you are at home
* Use time switches to come on it your property at different times
* Keep valuables such as wallets, purses/mobile phones/handbags out of sight and take them to the bedroom with you at bedtime
* Close curtains at dusk to prevent others seeing your valuables.
* If you have an alarm make sure you use it. If you don’t have one consider getting one. If you find that they are costly consider buying a ‘dummy’ box as a cheaper alternative.
* If you would like further advice, call Nottinghamshire Police on 101 or visit www.nottinghamshire.police.uk. If a crime is in progress, dial 999. * You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.