Home   News   Article

RSCPA appeal after suffering pony is dumped in a field

Pony dumped in a field at Winthorpe.
Pony dumped in a field at Winthorpe.

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a pony was dumped in a field in Winthorpe, near Newark, in a suffering state.

The pony was in poor body condition, extremely dehydrated and suffering from severe diarrhoea. It’s thought he may have salmonella.

Pony dumped in a field at Winthorpe.
Pony dumped in a field at Winthorpe.

RSPCA inspector Daniel Bradshaw said: “The little guy was in a very sorry state when he was found, in a field on Holme Lane.

“The chain and lock on the field had been cut off and he’d been dumped there.

“He was very weak and clearly in desperate need of vet attention. He’s now on a drip under close veterinary supervision.”

The pony is described as a young skewbald colt, approximately 12HH.

The RSPCA is working to find out who he belongs to, and wants to hear from anyone who recognises him and has any specific information about his owner, or who saw anything suspicious in the area.

The pony has been named Winnie the Poo by staff at Bransby Horses, who are caring for him, and who contacted the RSPCA yesterday (Thursday).

It’s thought he was dumped in the field on Wednesday night.

Anyone with information can call the RSPCA inspector appeal line on 0300 123 8018 and ask to leave a message for inspector Rebecca Lowe.

If you would like to help the RSPCA, you can give £3 now by texting HELP to 78866 (text costs £3 + one standard network rate message). We are a charity and rely on public donations to exist.

For more information about Bransby Horses visit www.bransbyhorses.co.uk


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.


Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More