A total of 25 operations have been postponed because of the fire which cut power to parts of Grantham Hospital yesterday.
A hospital spokesman told the Journal that the hospital has had to cancel 13 operations today and 12 tomorrow.
A&E has been closed since the fire broke out in the basement at 6.20pm yesterday. The coronary care unit, emergency assessment unit and the hospice had to be closed because of the power cut and 30 patients were moved to other parts of the hospital.
A decision will be taken this evening on whether the A&E department can be reopened. All operations and clinics at Grantham Hospital tomorrow have been postponed.
Dr Suneil Kapadia, medical director of United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust, said: “Following a small electrical fire at Grantham hospital on Tuesday evening that affected the power supply to the hospital, we will unfortunately have to postpone all operations and outpatient clinics on Thursday.
“We will be contacting all patients affected, and we apologise for the inconvenience this causes people.
“Our Accident and Emergency department continues to be closed. This will be reviewed on Wednesday evening. To ensure patient safety, ambulances are diverting patients to other A&Es and we are asking patients who need care urgently to call 111 for advice.
“ULHT staff are working hard to restore power and to return services back to normal as quickly as possible.
“We’d like to thank staff who have been brilliant and really pulled together to provide support in the best interest of patients. Thanks also to Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue and EMAS who have also helped and been very responsive.
“If patients would like to talk to someone about their postponed appointment, please call PALS at Grantham on 01476 464861. PALS will be open until 8pm tonight and reopen at 7am on Thursday morning.”
The fire broke out yesterday evening in the basement of the hospital causing loss of power to three areas of the hospital and the A&E department.
Four fire crews attended the incident at about 6.30pm and located the small fire in an electrical switch system. They helped to move patients out of those wards affected.