Police are warning the public after a series of vehicle thefts along the A46.
Since May, four vehicles have been stolen and then had parts removed before being abandoned in a remote location.
These incidents have all occurred along the A46 corridor between Bingham and Upper Broughton.
If you have any information about these incidents, contact Nottinghamshire Police on 101.
In light of this spate of auto crimes, the police are also giving the following crime prevention advice:
* Ensure your vehicle is locked and secure.
* Don’t leave valuables on show in your vehicle. That old coat on the back seat may be worthless, but a thief won’t know that or that the pockets are empty.
* Don’t leave your wallet or mobile phone in your car even if you’re just nipping somewhere for a few minutes. It only takes a thief seconds!
* Park your car in your garage or on your driveway if possible and try to park your vehicle in a well lit area.
* Don’t leave your keys in your vehicle when you are not in it.
* Activate your alarm and immobiliser if you have one.
* Make use of security devices such as steering locks and other devices