Visit Grantham by the Sea at this year’s carnival!
Grantham by the Sea will be the highlight of this year’s Grantham Carnival – complete with seaside rock!
An area of Wyndham Park will be transformed into a sandy beach where families can relax and youngsters can use buckets and spades to make sandcastles.
Special Grantham rock will be on sale, giving it a real seaside feeling.
That’s not all there is to look forward to this year – far from it. Arena acts, fairground rides, stalls, activities and more are all lined up.
In the arena you will see:
* The Mighty Smith – holding the UK’s Strongest Man title for a record three times, and taking fifth place in the World’s Strongest Man competition, Adrian Smith will showcase a variety of feats, from bending nails and tearing up directories to taking on children from the audience in a tug-of-war;
* Elaine Hill’s Sheepdog Display – the shepherdess will use her dogs to herd geese and ducks, bringing children in to take part;
* Ye Olde Redtail Falconry Display – birds will perform demonstrations with atmospheric music and commentary by the birds’ handler;
* Derby Midshipmen Band – a fast-paced, intricate marching musical display which mixes traditional style with modern, upbeat music;
* Beth Cresswell’s School of Dance – youngsters of all ages will show off their moves.
All weekend, refreshments will be available in the ‘Tea in the Park’ marquee run by Grantham Carnival and Events Group, with various savoury and sweet treats on the menu. Pre-loved clothes and other items will also be on sale in the marquee, with hundreds upon hundreds of items to browse through.
On the Sunday will be the ever-popular Classic Car Show in Queen Elizabeth Park, with a parade into the arena in the afternoon.
Saturday night’s Party in the Park will be better than ever this year with Madness tribute One Step Behind and Grantham’s own The System performing in the marquee. They will be supported by The Carousel Roadshow disco.
Not forgetting of course, the parade through the town centre will kick off the carnival weekend.
* The full carnival programme will be printed in the June 17 edition of the Journal.