Home   News   Article

Warning after unattended cooking causes fire in Great Gonerby




Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue are warning people to take care while cooking after they attended a fire in Great Gonerby this morning.

At 7.29am a Grantham crew attended a property on the High Street, where fire damage had been caused to an extractor fan and the contents of a frying pan.

The fire was out on arrival, but the firefighters needed to use a positive pressure ventilation fan to ventilate the premises.

A spokesman for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said the cause was cooking that had been left unattended. They want to highlight the danger of being distracted while cooking, and have some advice available here



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More