FOOTBALL: Third win for Buckminster

Have your say

Grantham & District Saturday League

Premier Division

Buckminster United 3

Ancaster 2

BUCKMINSTER got off to a bright start and found themselves in the loose after only a few minutes when the visiting keeper made a hash of a clearance. Danny Moore expertly lobbed him from 30 yards.

This gave the home side some confidence and playing some neat football the ball fell to Parker who, on his return to the side, found the net.

United carried on having the lion’s share of possession and made it 3-0 after 25 minutes when Moore again was in the right place at the right time and finished coolly.

The second half started slowly for the home side and a reinvigorated Ancaster pulled a goal back when a deflected shot beat Nicholls. This seemed to spark the visiting side into action and they enjoyed more possession and had a number of chances.

Bucky always looked like they had another opportunity in them, but they came and went, and it was the visitors who scored the fifth goal of the game.

United held on to make it three out of three league game victories.

Buckminster’s man of the match was Simon Hollingworth.

Buckminster: Nicholls, Bowers, Martini, Adamson, Chambers, Green, Hollingworth, Kettle, Parker, D. Moore, Chlopek, Howe, Footitt, C. Moore, Debicki, Duffy.

Heckington Millers 1

Harrowby United Reserves 7

HARROWBY started the game meaning business and flowing with confidence they kept the ball for long periods which started to frustrate the home side.

Ten minutes into the game, United took the lead with a fine 25-yard curling shot from Matt Turner. This spurred on the visitors even more and they bombarded the Heckington goal with chance after chance.

But it was not until the 35th minute and with a bit of luck that Harrowby doubled their lead when Luke Abel crossed the ball which beat everyone and bounced into the net.

Heckington already looked beaten and the Arrows capitalised. Petrou on the wing then cut the ball back across the goal for Carluchi to tap in.

The second half started just like the first with Harrowby in a dominant mood and attacking the flanks. It was not long till Abel got his second goal after a neat exchange with Brown, Petrou and Turner.

Brown terrorised Heckington’s right-back before crossing for Green to tap into an empty net for Harrowby’s fifth.

Abel completed his hat trick from the penalty spot and Stinson came off the bench to complete United’s scoring after some more terrific work from Brown who unselfishly laid off the ball to the substitute scorer.

To Heckington’s credit they kept trying to the final whistle and they scored a consolation goal when the ball fell to their striker in the box and he smashed into the top corner, leaving Scothern no chance.

Harrowby: Scothern, Dixon, Winters, Spencer, Asher, Petrou, Turner, Green, Brown, Carluchi, Abel, McDonald, Stinson, MacGregor.