Arts and activities to take place across three Grantham locations
Arts Around Grantham will be happening this year in a Covid-safe way on Saturday, May 29.
Organised by South Kesteven District Council’s arts and culture team, the family days aim to offer plenty of fun activities to enjoy and something for all, including live singing, a drumming workshop and plaster-casting.
The team is planning to take events out into the community with help from Arts Council England funding in a bid to spread work across the district and investigate new ways of providing the arts in South Kesteven.
Through these events SKDC will employ 50 artists, five creative producers and provide 50 outdoor or online arts experiences to engage with residents across the district.
Events will take place across three locations in Grantham – St Peter’s Hill, Wyndham Park and Dysart Park – on Saturday, May 29.
- A postcard project in St Peter’s Hill where participants will design and create an A5 postcard that celebrates their favourite place;
- Plaster-casting in Wyndham Park;
- A performance by Chantry Dance entitled ‘Imprisoned Moon’ featuring stunning aerial hoop acrobatics and contemporary dance in Abbey Gardens, off St Peter’s Hill;
- A drumming workshop in Wyndham Park;
- A graffiti workshop in St Peter’s Hill;
- Performances across all three locations by George Fowler and Andrew York, who will sing a set-list of songs through the decades from The Beatles to Bruno Mars;
- Circus and bubble workshops across all three locations.
Most activities must be booked in advance, but there is no need to book to see performances.
For more details, including times and booking, visit: www.guildhallartscentre.com/whats-on/all-shows/arts-around-grantham